Now I know that servicing your car may feel like you’re wasting your money – I mean if it’s not broken don’t fix it, right?! But that is where you are wrong, getting your car serviced is just like taking yourself to the doctors for a health check-up – you’re simply putting your mind at rest when you learn to discover that you’re perfectly healthy before it’s too late and you can’t do anything to fix the problem, except instead of going to the hospital, you’re taking your car into the garage. A regular, full car service is a must if you want to save money in the future or extend the life of your vehicle. A small investment for a routine check-up now will pay huge dividends in the future.
Below I have derived a list of reasons why getting your car serviced is crucial:
- It reduces the cost of repairs. Like anything the longer you wait to get your car serviced, the longer the problems with your car are ignored. In turn, this will mean that parts of your car will wear out, without being replaced, causing an impact on other parts of your car.
- For some high performance engines it can cost beyond £5,850 to replace. By getting your car serviced, you are reducing the risk of wearing out your engine through changing the oil regularly.
- It reduces the risk of major breakdowns. By getting your car serviced, you will be able to notice any issues with your car sooner, whether that means you have a problem with your header tank or core plugs, you can get them replaced before it starts to affect your engine.
- It increases fuel economy. When you get your car serviced we can check your tire pressure, which can increase your fuel economy by as much as 3.3 percent; or replace a dirty air filter with a clean one, saving up to 10% on fuel costs as a result.
- Cars with a full car service and service history are going to be more attractive to potential buyers and as a result hold their value better.
If you have any issues with your vehicle, or need to send it off to be serviced, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at The Bodyshop and save money on your car in the long term.